Astronomy: Links to specific web sites
- Astronomy Picture
of the Day
- A NASA site that has a different astronomy picture each day. It also has
site with lots of old pictures.
- Sky & Telescope's Almanac showing lots of astronomical information for today. It will show the
current phase of the Moon as well as the rising and setting times for the Moon and the Sun.
It also shows the position and the rise, transit, and setting times for all the planets.
- Astronomy Applets
- The Nebraska Astronomy Applet Project. This site contains a wonderful set of "applets" or little animated illustrations that demonstrate many of the simple features of astronomy. Items on the site include basic motions of the night sky including the sun, moon, stars and planets, animated models of the solar system including the Ptolemaic and Keplerian models, and a lunar phase model. There are also some more advanced items for the adventurous student.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- The home site for the JPL, NASA's spacecraft laboratory. Information on
Telescope Science Institute
- The main center for the orbiting Hubble Space Telescope
The Evolving Universe, by Michael Zeilik
- The web site for the text used in PHYS 1125, Astronomy. Lots of specific
material for the course.
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey /
- Lots of images. Also, many tools and projects from elementary to advanced.
Material for amateurs and professionals.
- The public site for the Hubble Space Telescope. Lots of great images.
- Astronomical Society
of the Pacific
- One of the best astronomy associations with a wonderful web site.
- Astronomy Tools
- A group of simple tools for observers. Compute almanac information.
and Telescope - Observing
- One of the best commercial sites for amateur astronomers. Lots of nightly
Astronomy: Links to lists of web sites
- United Astronomy Clubs of New Jersey
- New Jersey Amateur Astronomers. Lots of clubs and information about viewing
sessions in New Jersey.
on the Web
- A nice simple set of links from a Pennsylvania school system site.
- A list of links for the general public from Palomar Community College.
Lots of neat stuff!
- Astronomy Resources
- A directory of astronomy related web sites from The-Science-Lab.com which
lists very large group of science related sites including the area on astronomy.
- A detailed set of links to advanced astronomy resources. International
in scope, professional in breadth.
Sites - Syracuse University Library
- An extensive and well annotated list of astronomy resources from the library
at Syracuse University
Astronomy: Lists of links from individuals
- from a professional astronomer at the Space Telescope Science Institute.
- from an amateur astronomer at Rutgers.
©2008-2014 David Flory
Last modified on Jul 23, 2016, 1:26 am.