- American Association of University
- The home site for the AAUP.
- 1940 Statement
of Principles on Academic Freedom and Tenure with 1970 Interpretive Copmments
- This is the definitive statement of the principles of tenure. It has been
endorsed by over 174 professional associations in higher education including
the AAUP, the Association of American Colleges and Universities, and the
Board of Trustees of Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Resources on Academic Freedom and Tenure
- Selected statements and reports from the "The Redbook." All of the major
AAUP policy statments can be found here.
- Statements and Reports
- A compendium of AAUP statements and reports. Some from the Redbook, some
too recent for inclusion, some quite topical.
- AAUP Unionism:
Principles & Goals
- The AAUP's statement of principles on unionism in higher education.
Bargaining: Revised And Revisited 2001
- An assessment of the legal status of collective bargaining in 2001.
- Resources on
- A collection of AAUP documents on collective bargaining.
- U.S. Supreme Court:
NLRB v. Yeshiva University
- The Supreme Court decision that essentially ended collective bargaining at Universities in
the private sector.
- Faculty Handbook
- The 2008 Edition of the FDU Faculty Handbook. It superceeds the 2000 Edition. Every faculty member should be familiar
with the content of this document.
- Faculty Manual
- Not the Handbook but the Manual. This web based document contains a lot
of very useful information on the rules and regulations that faculty are
supposed to follow. It is published by the two Office(s) of the Campus Provost.
In addition to rules and regulaltions, it also has a lot of useful general
information for all faculty. For the record, it has never received fomal faculty approval.
©2008-2014 David Flory
Last modified on Jul 23, 2016, 1:26 am.